500 gms - Bhindi (Okra)
150 gms - Capsicum
250 gms - Tomatoes
2 large - Onions
1/4 tsp - Chilli powder
1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
150 gms - Refined oil or Mustard oil
Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions :
- Select okras of a uniform medium size. Wash and dry well. Cut off the top and tall and keep aside.
- Coarsely chop the onions, capsicum and tomatoes.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the okras, a handful at a time till they are partly cooked, drain them at keep aside.
- Heat some oil, saute chopped onions till they turn to a golden brown, add the tomatoes and capsicum and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the fried okras, salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder, and blend well.
- Put the lid on the pan, reduce heat, seal with wheat dough and place some live charcoal on top. - Cook on reduced heat for 15 minutes.
- When done, serve hot with chapatis.